I’m sending out a call for volunteers on behalf of the organizers of a very unique and fun local event, 100 Years of Progress Train & Tractor Show in Carthage Nov 4-6th. This year will be the event’s 11th year and it has grown to 22,000 attendees over three days; attendees hail from 43 states and 6 countries. It is so much more than a train and tractor show! My personal favorite exhibits include the (actively milling!) steam-powered saw mill, children’s train, warehouses FULL of antique tractors, trains, small engines, and buggies, the penny candy general store, the old timey craft vendors, 1800s-1900s American lifestyle historical displays and live historical re-enactments, and the fried hand pies. There are activities and exhibits that will interest folks of EVERY age and stage in life.
Here are the volunteer opportunity details:
· Volunteer training will be provided.
· Volunteer shifts: 4 hours
· Volunteers needed for: Welcome Center, general store (ol’ timey penny candy store), raffle attendant, children’s train attendant, exhibit/building attendant.
· Volunteer thank-yous: Free admittance the day you volunteer, food & drink
· Call event owner/organizer/volunteer coordinator Patty Eder with questions or to volunteer – 919-708-8665