The local preschools provide parents in Moore County many options in early childhood education. Whether you are looking for an academic environment, Christian-based curriculum or a place for your child to develop social skills (aka- learning how to share without hitting or biting), one of the local preschools here is sure to meet your needs.
The majority of preschools in the area operate on a half-day schedule and last three hours. Larger childcare centers and preschools offer full-day programs and on-site childcare for working parents. Currently, preschool programs are designed for children between the ages of three and five. However, several schools have started Mothers Morning Out programs for children under 24 months and special preschool programs for two-year-olds.
Preschool registration takes place at the beginning of January for the upcoming fall. A few schools hold enrollment in December. It is important to contact potential schools early and find out about their enrollment procedures, registration fees and waiting list policies since many schools fill up the day registration opens. Children currently enrolled, and their siblings, generally have priority placement when registration begins for the following year.
- TimberNook of the Sandhills (0)
- Sandhills Classical Christian School (0)
- Sandhills Academy of Creative Learning Preschool (0) SandhillsKids Sponsor Level : Gold Sponsor
- Cyber Ed Learning Centers (0) SandhillsKids Sponsor Level : Basic Sponsor
- The O’Neal School (0) SandhillsKids Sponsor Level : Silver Sponsor