Do you have the music in you? Well, we do! And so does the Sandhills. Area children can learn how to play an instrument, join an orchestra program or participate in the marching band. There are also a variety of private instructors specializing in both voice and piano lesson throughout the county. While some teachers advertise, many recruit new students through word of mouth. You can also arrange for private lessons and order student instruments through the local music stores.
If you would like world class performances without the Raleigh price tag, then consider attending concerts held by one of the many musical groups in the area.
Here are just a few:
- Moore County Chamber Music Society (Whispering Pines – (910) 692-0283)
- Moore County Choral Society (Southern Pines – moorechoralsoc.org)
- Moore County Concert Band (Cameron – moorecountyband.com)
- Moore Philharmonic Orchestra (Pinehurst – mporchestra.com)
- Pinecrest Players (Pinecrest High School – (910) 692-6554)
- North Moore Drama Club (Robbins – (910) 948-2228)
- Southern Pines Elementary School Orchestra (Southern Pines – (910) 692-2357)
Theatre & Dance
Lights, Camera, Action! All the world is a stage, and your child is a star in the Sandhills! Let your child be center stage with one the areas dance or theatrical productions. From tap to ballet to acting, your performance artist is bound to be a big hit!
Don’t want to be on the stage but still enjoy the drama? Then head out to the big show! If you’re looking for a good movie, check out all ten screens at Sandhills Cinema or the historic Sunrise Theatre in downtown Southern Pines. Don’t forget, the Sunrise Theatre also plays host to a variety of theatrical productions.
The following studios and programs offer a wide range of classes: