What is a farmer’s market? Farmer’s markets are essentially a group of small farmers that get together at a designated area and sell their products. They usually begin in the spring and continue through fall. Producers are local, meaning their products must be produced within a certain radius of the market (such as 50-100 miles). A wide variety of items can be sold such as fruits, vegetables, plants, flowers, honey, meats, cheeses, eggs, jams, jellies, and baked goods.
Benefits of farmer’s markets: There are many benefits from choosing to shop your local farmer’s markets.
Health– Fresh produce that is picked at its peak ripeness and doesn’t sit in storage for weeks before consumption is more nutritious and tastes better.
Environment– Products travels shorter distances reducing impact on the environment. Foods are generally grown using methods that minimize the impact on the earth and humans such as using no or minimal pesticides and fertilizers. Animals are commonly pastured and raised without use of antibiotics and growth hormones.
Community– Get to know our local farmers and ask questions. It is easy to ask questions about your food as how it was grown and produced!
Check out what Moore County has to offer!
The Moore County Farmer’s Market offers markets 3 times per week from April through October.
First Health of the Carolinas (parking lot near the Fitness Center);
- 170 Memorial Drive in Pinehurst
- Mondays from 2:00pm-5:30pm (April 18th to October 31st)
Armory Sports Complex:
- 604 W. Morganton Road in Southern Pines
- Thursdays from 9:00am-1:00pm (Year Round)
Downtown Southern Pines:
- SE Broad & NY Avenue in Southern Pines (near Downtown Park)
- Saturdays from 8:00am-12:00pm (April 16th to October 29th)
- (910) 947-3752 or (910) 690-9520
The Sandhills Farmers Market offers markets twice per week in the parking lot on the Pinehurst Village green.
Village of Pinehurst parking lot:
- 1 Village Green Road in Pinehurst
- Saturdays from 10:00am-1:00pm (April 16th to September 30th)
- Wednesdays 3:00 to 6:00 pm.
Aberdeen Farmers Market
Saturdays from 12pm – 4pm downtown Aberdeen, NC