Pledge to Prevent Children’s Prescription Drug Abuse:
1. As parents, we will talk to our children about the dangers of taking medications without a prescription.
2. We will set clear rules for our children about not sharing medicine and using medication only as prescribed.
3. We will secure our medicine to prevent our children and guests from accessing it.
4. We will take stock of our medicine, regularly checking to see that nothing is missing.
5. We will encourage family and friends to follow the same guidelines to keep children safe from prescription drug abuse.
Dispose of old or unused medications at the Sheriff’s Office, Courthouse Square, Carthage, NC, any time, any day–the disposal box is in the lobby.
For more information, contact the National Family Partnership at www.nfp.org or
Drug Free Moore County at 910-947-1902.