Though local retailers offer a variety of products and services, at times you just can’t find that special item or just crave the mall experience. If you’re the mall type, be prepared: most “real” malls are an hour—or more—away.* (Thank goodness for gap.com!).
If you’re willing to make the trek, see how far you’ll need to go below:
- Cross Creek Mall, Fayetteville: 55 minutes (36 miles). Belk, Macy’s, JCPenney and Sears, plus 150 other stores and eateries. – crosscreekmall.com
- Cary Towne Center, Cary: 1 hour 10 minutes (63 miles). Belk, Dillards, Macy’s, JCPenney and Sears, plus 140 other stores and eateries. – shopcarytownecentermall.com
- Crossroads Plaza, Cary: 1 hour 10 minutes (63 miles). Outside shopping featuring Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, Old Navy, Toys ‘R Us and AC Moore, plus more than 65 other stores and eateries. – shopcrossroadsplaza.com
- Crabtree Valley Mall, Raleigh: 1 hour 15 minutes (70 miles). Belk, Belk Men’s Store, Macy’s and Sears, plus more than 210 other stores and eateries. – crabtree-valley-mall.com
- The Streets at Southpoint, Durham: 1 hour 25 minutes (80 miles). Belk, Macy’s, JCPenney, Sears and North Carolina’s first Nordstrom (not on the National Register of Historic Places, but it should be) plus 140 other stories and eateries. – streetsatsouthpoint.com
- Four Seasons Town Center, Greensboro: 1 hour 30 minutes (78 miles). JCPenney, Belk and Dillards plus more than 140 other stores and eateries. – shopfourseasons.com
- Chelsea Premium Outlets, Smithfield: Just under 2 hours (98 miles). More than 80 outlets, including Carter’s, Gymboree and StrideRite. – premiumoutlets.com/centers
- Concord Mills Outlets, Concord: 2 hours 15 minutes (97 miles). More than 200 outlets, a food court, NASCAR park, 24-screen movie theater and North Carolina’s only Bass Pro Shops. – simon.com
*Remember, all distances and times are estimated from the Southern Pines/Pinehurst/Aberdeen area.