Need a kick start? Good or bad, for many of us, coffee is a necessary part of our morning routine. If you’ve already dropped off the kids at school and are running around town, consider letting someone else pour your favorite cuppa joe before you tackle your to-do list. It’s nice to have someone take care of you once in awhile, isn’t it?
Some local favorites:
- Southern Pines: A drive-through for those already on the go, or Frankie’s, Swank and the Java Bean Plantation if you want to stop in.
- Carthage: The Moore Coffee Company offers up coffee and a pastry on a comfy couch while escaping in an exotic travel magazine. Also try out the Coffee Court.
- Aberdeen: Panera Bread and Starbucks both offer WIFI so you can get your caffeine and computer hook-up all in one spot. And, for a danish with your java, Granny’s Old Fashioned Doughnuts has been a favorite for homemade donuts and black coffee for years. But go early: Their fresh goodies sell out quickly.
- Pinehurst: Camellia Coffee House in Olmsted Village and the Carolina Coffee Shop at Pinehurst Resort are great choices for breakfast along with your favorite brew and a local paper.
- Robbins: Off the beaten path, coffee and conversation flow freely at the Deep River Coffee Company. On Thursday evenings, music from local artists flows freely as well.
- Seven Lakes: The Coffee Scene, next to Bookshop by the Lakes, and Mocha Mama’s Coffee Shop are the perfect spots to pick up the Seven Lakes Times and enjoy a good read.
- Cameron: Who needs coffee when you can get a proper cup of tea? Head out a little later and stop by Miss Belle’s Tea Room for one of her signature dishes. If you need something with a little more kick, then drop into The Coffee Grind for an espresso or latte.